Every time I start a blog – and yes, I do it somewhat frequently – I make all of these promises to myself:
- I’m going to make it focused.
- I’m going to make it polished.
- I’m going to make it useful.
That never works.
So in starting this blog I’m going to make some different promises:
- This is going to be all over the place.
- This is going to be hammered out, slapdash, in a highly-caffeinated state.
- This is going to be completely devoid of benefit.
It will not be calm. It will not be reasoned. Pretty much everything will be a shitty first draft.
I won’t post regularly. I won’t write listicles. I will not optimize anything for search engines.
In fact, I won’t optimize anything for anything.
Those are my unpromises, theoretical reader. I won’t live up to them, ever. You have my word.